Anyone who has a young child knows what a military operation it can be to get out of the house. I decided to take Master Maiden (3yo) to the Broncos game last weekend. Here are 5 things I learnt….
- A night bus ride can be very entertaining for a toddler. Who would have thought? He pressed his nose up to the bus window the whole way hypnotised by the bright lights “zooming” by. And a big cheers to the kind man who gave up his seat for my Mum and MM. By the way I had NO IDEA so many people caught the bus to the Broncos game. In full club regalia. Lets just change its name to The Broncos Express.
- Pick a game with lots of points. Each time the Broncos score the fireworks go off and Buck the horse does a lap. GOLD entertainment for a toddler. Normally a 53 to nil score line would not be a crowd pleaser but not this night!
- Do not, I repeat do not, plan to combine a toilet trip with the toddler and a quick beverage purchase. I have never been bounced from a stadium beverage counter but there’s a first for everything. Poor MM stood next to said security guard staring him down while I reached across the 2m to collect my order whilst wondering if MM and I were about to be marched out of Suncorp in an arm lock.
- Toddlers last until about half time. Then get the Ipad out.
- Wear comfortable shoes. When MM decided he couldn’t walk home from the bus stop as his “little legs were very tired” I had wished I gone for the comfy flats option instead of giving those winter boots their first run of the season.
Would I take him again? Of course!
What’s your top tips for taking the kids to a big game?