This week saw the WNBA kick off its 20th anniversary season. Here is our beginner’s guide to the WNBA 🏀 Armed with these gems of info you will be able to carry a conversation any time 👌
- Who’s the tip to win? Reigning champs Minnesota Lynx have won 3 of the last 5 titles and are looking to continue the reign but the recent survey of league GMs voted Phoenix Mercury as their faves.
- Who are the big names? How much time have you got? The reigning MVP is Elena Delle Donne from Chicago Sky whilst superstar Diana Taurasi returns after a season out. Drop in their names or 1st draft pick Breanna Stewart and you’ll sound all over it.
- So any Aussies? Superstar Penny Taylor leads the Aussie charge which includes other big name Opals like Abby Bishop & Erin Phillips. Don’t forget Aussie legend, coach of Phoenix Mercury, Sandy Brondello.
- How does it all work? 12 teams. 2 conferences (East and West). Top 8 make a cut throat post season.
- How do I check it out? ESPN, wnba.com or follow #WNBA20 or #watchmework on Twitter.
Congrats! You are ready to carry out a conversation about WNBA 20 no problemo!👍