The turmoil in Aussie netball may have taken the headlines this week but there was a lot of good news stories for womens’ sport this week. Here is what grabbed my eye….
- Olympians Caroline Buchanan and Lauren Reynolds race in Australia for the first time in 2017 at the National Champs next weekend in Brisbane – I hope to be able to head out and check it out;
- A suggestion that pregnancy can be a natural performance enhancer in one of many commentaries surrounding Serena’s pregnancy announcement (Hmmmm);
- The story of the first woman to run the Boston Marathon and her return 50 years later;
- Aussie basketball legend Sandy Brondello named the coach to lead the Opals in their redemption from Rio;
- Breakdancing an Olympic sport? You read it here. How could I not share this?!
Have a great weekend sports lovers x